Position Title: Air Quality Program Manager
Location: Beijing, Clean Air Asia office in China
Duration of Appointment: 1 year with possibility for extension based on satisfactory performance, probationary period of 1 month
Application Closing Date: June 30, 2018
Estimated Start Date: August 15, 2018
Clean Air Asia works towards achieving better air quality and livable cities by translating knowledge to policies and actions that reduce air pollution and greenhouse emissions from transport, energy, and other sectors. Clean Air Asia was established as the leading air quality management network for Asia by the Asian Development Bank, World Bank and USAID in 2001, and operates since 2007 as an independent non-profit organization. Clean Air Asia has offices in Manila, Beijing and Delhi, country networks in several Asian countries and is an UN-recognized partnership of 261 organizations in Asia and worldwide.
Clean Air Asia is working on one of the most pressing environmental issues in China; air quality management. We are officially registered in China under the supervision of the Ministry of Ecology and Environment and the Beijing Bureau of Public Security.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Air Quality Program Manager to join our small and efficient team in the CAA China Office. We have just started implementing our exciting new China Strategy and are building our team to have an even a bigger impact in China. We are now looking for a talented and responsible individual to lead the implementation of our air quality programs in China.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the China Director of Clean Air Asia, the Air Quality Program Manager will lead the implementation of air quality programs in China and support the implementation of China related projects of Clean Air Asia in other Asian countries.
A. Project implementation and development
· Lead the implementation of China-based air quality projects including developing work plans, implementing projects with the team, overseeing project quality, reviewing draft research and technical reports, drafting project narrative reports, prepare project budgets, and manage, as appropriate, air quality team members.
· Work with other Clean Air Asia offices for the implementation of regional projects covering China including leading the implementation of the China components, coordinating with other offices for the project implementation, and drafting project reports.
· Represent Clean Air Asia in meetings, workshops, conferences and events as required.
· Assist the China Director in developing new projects.
· Deliver other project-related tasks assigned by the China Director.
B. Knowledge management
· Lead the China specific research and deliver high quality knowledge management products.
· Lead the air quality team in preparing factsheets, articles, and reports for publication on Clean Air Asia’s Chinese-version website and social media.
C. Partnerships building
· Maintain professional relationships with key Clean Air Asia partners and stakeholders in China.
· Develop new partnerships to help Clean Air Asia implement the China Strategy.
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
· A post-graduate degree in air quality and/or transport related fields; e.g. atmospheric science, environmental engineering, environmental science, transport, environmental policy or development-related discipline.
· At least 5 years’ experience working on environmental issues.
· Demonstrated capacity in project management and team management.
· Ability to work with teams with different functions and multi-cultural background.
· Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work proactively and think critically.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent writing skills in Chinese and English.
· Fluent spoken English.
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
IV. DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed for one year under a fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance, with a probationary period of 1 month. The base monthly remuneration is competitive but may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Government-mandated employee benefits will also be provided. Clean Air Asia provides 24 days of paid leave and observes 11 public holidays per year. Clean Air Asia also provides opportunities for travel domestically and internationally.
V. HOW TO APPLY
Quoting ‘Program Manager’ in the subject line, applicants should email their cover letter in both English and Chinese, and current CV (as Word attachment in English and Chinese) to FU Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30,2018. All applicants must clearly state in their cover letter how they meet the person specification above, as well as contact details of three referees.
We encourage early application as applications will be processed as they arrive so the recruiting process may end earlier than closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.